Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How Important Is It?: My Inspirational Human Experience (Part Three)


To live is so startling
it leaves little time anything else.
Emily Dickinson


The darkness was incredible. And as I allowed and supported myself to consciously experience my perceptions and reactions, I remembered, for the first time, coming into my home as a child -- excited, energetic, happy -- and experiencing a dark and foreboding cloud of negative energy within my family. I would realize that it was not safe to continue being a child, and I would lock my little child self away in a dark closet to protect him, and erect protective, adult-like shields to guard us from what seemed to be about to happen.

This was the first time I can remember consciously remembering and re-experiencing these memories and events. The conscious discomfort created an area of importance in my life, and from my resulting inspirational action – daily inspiration that I have used for years--, this wounded area of myself began to heal. It would never have occurred without the guiding motivation of the experience of pain.

Another experience was a couple of weeks ago. I picked Kathy up at the airport. I was a few minutes late and somewhat concerned that she might be irritated at me. From the time I picked her up, she was quiet, distracted, obviously experiencing something. My experience was that she was brooding in anger at me for being a few minutes late.

We went from the airport to dinner, and in the silence I was experiencing growing anxiety. Finally she came out of the “place” where she was, and began describing an incident on the plane. As she shared her experience, I realized that she was not upset with me at all. She was trying to understand and process an unusual set of seemingly coincidental events – which were not coincidental.

The perception and experience of impending abandonment or separation made “it “ important enough for me to take inspirational spiritual action to expand my personal healing and growth through daily inspirations.

Change and healing, in my life, has come from increasingly conscious experiences of pain, which ultimately gives me the motivation and direction for where I want to go. Daily inspiration gives me the means and the Presence I need to change and become more my healthy Self.


A man who carries a cat by the tail
learns something
he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain






Daily Inspirations Jewelry and Gifts .
Daily Inspirations Readings
Daily Inspirational Clothing,
Daily Inspirations Music

No comments:

Post a Comment