Saturday, August 8, 2009

Finding Daily Inspirations and Journalling: Learning to Listen



In using journalling to find daily inspirations, I had to begin to learn how to listen.

Sound is experienced by the human brain. Sound waves – varying wavelengths and frequencies of air motion, enters the ear, causing the eardrum to vibrate. This vibration of energy by the eardrum activates neural receptors in the ear, and energy is activated and sent to the brain. The brain has developed perceptual filters that analyze the neural energy waves, labeling and distinguishing sounds by their patterns. So one can hear and distinguish a bird singing, a bell ringing, a person talking, a dog barking, and etc…

Learning to listen at the level of inspirations through journaling involves a different set of sensory receptors and perceptual filters. My brain cannot receive this input and process the data. When I am actually listening with my spiritual senses, I experience a Presence that exceeds my brain’s understanding resulting in a corresponding serenity and joy that exceeds my understanding.

I hear many people making mental thought the “god” of human experience and change. My experience is that mental thought is actually a barrier to inspiration, hope, and a serene sense of presence.

Thought is like a magician’s magic tricks – a sleight of hand, a hidden compartment, a secret passage – illusion and deception. Thought was created to hide us from ourselves so we could seemingly survive the separation and abandonments of life. The facts feel threatening, so instead of consciously experiencing them, we think them, inserting a neural space between what is and who am I perceive myself to be.

So when I was journaling and finding daily inspirations, I had to learn how to get past my human attraction to thought, and into experiencing of an intimately loving Presence. I had to learn to listen with a different set of “ears”.

The words that I heard and still hear frequently is “listen to the stillness”, and “listen to the rustling in the backgrounds” – the background of what is being thought by my brain.

So I would take several deep breaths, “listen” to the “stillness”, and to the faint rustling in background, and write down the words that seemed to flow out the end of my pen.

Sometimes it seemed like random gibberish and nonsense. But as I continued to “listen” and write, I began to experience a growing Presence –someone who loved, cared about, and accepted me unconditionally – someone who was actively present in my life.

Slowly the words began to vibrate with a different energy. The words became filled with a personal and flowing energy of Presence, and my human perceptions and reactions began to change.

It began with the conscious experience of my Self – my feelings, questions, and struggles – in my journalling, and continued a listening and hearing that exceeded my brain’s thoughts. And through the words on the paper, I began to experience intimate energies through the sense of my spiritual self, and to receive life changing and incredible awakenings of perception and reaction.

Finding daily inspirations through journalling requires learning to listen with a different set of "ears".



Daily Inspirations Jewelry and Gifts
Daily Inspirations Readings, Daily Inspirations Clothing, Daily Inspirations Music
.

No comments:

Post a Comment